Karinne and Jorja join the MRA team
MRA Consulting Group is proud to announce the appointment of two Principal Consultants: Melbourne-based Jorja Pindor, who will strengthen MRA’s Strategy and Policy department and Karinne Taylor, who is joining our Sydney Team as the Lead for Circular Economy.
These excellent additions to MRA’s team of resource recovery specialists build on MRA’s position in the Circular Economy space and enable the expansion of MRA’s Victoria branch. With over 30 years’ combined experience specialising in waste management and resource recovery, both Karinne and Jorja have worked on large multidisciplinary environment and strategy projects.
Jorja made the move to MRA after more than a decade with local government. Most recently working with the City of Melbourne, she project managed the City’s initiatives and opportunities to achieve strategic waste and environmental targets. Her roles with local government have provided her with extensive experience in waste contract management, policy development and implementation, site contamination management , and planning the development of innovative infrastructure solutions to better manage waste within urban areas
With her substantial experience in the sector, Jorja boosts MRA’s Melbourne capacity, including project management of initiatives and opportunities to achieve strategic targets, business planning, budget management, report preparation and design of complex communications plans.
“I’m keen to share my experience more broadly and work with leaders in the field. I’m excited by the variety of projects and challenges MRA works on, and look forward to applying my expertise to improve industry outcomes.”Jorja Pindor
Jorja’s experience incliudes:
- Planning for delivery of innovative waste solutions to manage commercial and residential waste within the City of Melbourne’s CBD.
- Development of City of Port Phillip’s new ‘Don’t Waste It!’ 10-year waste management strategy, incorporating advanced waste treatment solutions and a collaborative service and infrastructure approach with neighbouring councils.
Karinne, joining MRA from the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment, comes with close to 15 years’ experience in government policy. She will be the leading force in managing MRA’s Circular Economy drive, building on her substantial experience in product stewardship, industrial ecology, waste and recycling systems, and material supply chains.
“Strong, practical systems change is always underpinned by good technical expertise grounded in solid experience of how industry operates. MRA has this experience and expertise. I’m excited to join a team that has the diversity of skills required to help our clients address the pressures of resource use on a finite planet”.Karinne Taylor
Some of Karinne’s career highlights and contributions include:
- Delivering the NABERS Waste rating which drives change in how commercial buildings in Australia manage their waste, including the development of a strong data method for robust comparison of a building’s performance and the first method in Australia to measure the quality of circular outcomes for commercial buildings.
- Managing a national packaging reprocessors survey on behalf of all governments in Australia to establish a baseline for packaging waste flows.
- Facilitating collaboration and knowledge sharing within a network of leading manufacturing companies, looking to divert good quality by-products from waste streams into value-added outputs.
“We are thrilled to have both Jorja and Karinne joining our band of resource recovery experts. With their extensive policy expertise and technical skills, Jorja will boost MRA’s presence in Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia and Karinne will play an integral role in managing the company’s Circular Economy service offering. MRA is having its 10-year anniversary this year, so the timing is excellent. The coming years will be crucial for the sector, with changes to waste policy, such as the export bans, China policy, climate change policy reviews, landfill bans and more interventions by Government in the recycling market. Both, Jorja and Karinne will be on the forefront for MRA to provide the industry with advice on the management of those processes”.Managing Director of MRA Mike Ritchie