Position Vacant – Circular Economy specialist
What you can expect
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on key and innovative projects. You will join a dynamic team, working closely with our Managing Director and staff on projects for the private and the government sectors.
Key capacities and skills
- Experience in circular economy practice, such as closed loop, waste avoidance and recycling
- Bachelor (Honours) or Master degree in Environmental Science or Engineering or relevant degree in environmental science/management, engineering or planning
- Strong commercial and business development skills, coupled with a track record of identifying and securing new work, as well as supporting and leading complex proposals and consultancy projects
- Professional communication skills, and experience of collaborating with diverse stakeholders / audiences and facilitating agreement between conflicting parties
- Possesses a good network of contacts across NSW, Victoria and/or Queensland at management and/or operational level and ideally be recognised as an industry leader
- An ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Business acumen and understanding of the fundamentals of a consulting business
- Flexible approach, including willingness and ability to work on a wide range of topics
- Data analysis and modelling experience
- Excellent report writing skills
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget
- Grow Circular Economy business
- Attend the MRA office
- Expand knowledge of areas outside your expertise
As an MRA team member you will be expected to:
- Use your project work as an opportunity to develop a sound understanding of the waste industry (through background reading, reading current publications, attending relevant seminars etc. where advised)
- Attend fortnightly team meetings
- Ensure you have the information you require to undertake any work given to you and to inform the project manager or business director where you are unsure
- To show a positive attitude to taking on work
- Self-starter and enthusiastic to learn
What MRA can offer you
- Working with a great group of people with similar passions and motivations
- Ability to work on projects which improve environmental outcomes for councils, investors and businesses
- The opportunity to work across disciplines with MRA (e.g. strategy, planning, organics and grants) on a range of project types
- Training, mentoring and support to develop your career at MRA and beyond
- Opportunity to learn from industry experts and through involvement on a wide range of projects
- A committed, professional team environment
- A career in sustainability
- Access to flexible working
MRA is Australia’s leading independent waste and resource recovery consultancy. With a team of 35 (FTE) employees, MRA has the knowledge and passion to deliver projects for government, private and non-for-profit clients to create a more sustainable world. MRA is focused on attracting, retaining and developing people. At MRA’s core we are a people business, and we appreciate the value of our people, clients and projects we are delivering.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and who wants to make a real difference improving resource efficiency and waste management systems in Australia. Circular Economy of all levels are encouraged to apply.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Zoe Watkins on [email protected] or call our office on 02 8541 6169.