Position Vacant – Environmental Consultant in Sydney
Are you a self-starter who wants to make a real difference improving Australia’s resource efficiency and waste infrastructure?
MRA is looking for an Environmental Consultant with an interest in data analysis.
Candidates should have a genuine interest in the waste and recycling industry in Australia and relevant work experience, preferably in waste or with an economics, planning or engineering background.
What you can expect
You will be based in our Sydney office joining a dynamic and multidisciplinary team of professionals, including engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. You can expect to be working closely with our Directors and staff on projects for the private and the government sectors.
You can also expect to be challenged – we work in a fast-paced environment and often there are many balls to juggle, you need to be resilient, flexible and able to prioritise and multitask. Specifically, the role entails:
- Data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Research (e.g. into legislation, technology types);
- Assisting bid managers to compile bids and proposals for future work;
- The role will involve site work, occasional travel and on occasion, irregular hours; and
- Working with stakeholders and communities to gain greater understanding and deliver the best outcomes for them.
You are a self-starter with enthusiasm and drive, interested in further developing your skills in the area of Waste Management. You know how to get the best out of the people around you to drive the best outcome for the client and thrive working in multidisciplinary teams. Specifically, you have:
- Bachelors or Master in Engineering, Economics, Science, Environmental Sciences or other relevant degree;
- Experience in sustainability and/or waste management;
- Over 2 years’ experience in consultancy, waste management industry or relevant area of strength;
- Demonstrated Data analysis and modelling experience, including strong Excel skills;
- Excellent report writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in project and bid management (not essential but ideal);
- Ability to work in an innovative manner;
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary project teams; and
- Permanent residency or a visa status that permits work in Australia for a minimum of three years.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and wants to make a real difference improving our resource efficiency and waste management systems.
Salary negotiable from $70k plus opportunity to receive MRA bonuses.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Doris McDonald-Seaton on [email protected] or call our office on 02 8541 6169.