Position Vacant – Graduate Consultant in Melbourne
Candidates should have a strong and genuine interest in the waste and recycling industry in Australia and preferably work experience in waste or with an environmental scientist, planning, economics, or engineering background.
Graduate roles usually last a period of 12 months, with progression to consultant following a performance review.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting project managers in:
- Research (e.g. into legislation, technology types)
- Data collection, incl. field work
- Data analysis
- Drafting and finalising reports
- Assisting bid managers to compile bids and proposals for future work
- Participating in project activities including but not limited to:
- Working in the field under the supervision of the project manager or audit coordinator
- Develop in an area of waste management
Method of working
You will gain experience across all the units within MRA. You will be required to undertake this work through:
- Liaison with MRA staff either over the phone or face to face or via email
- Summarising qualitative research
- Collating quantitative research
- Active participation in project activities
- Attending meetings
What you can expect
You will be based in our Melbourne office joining a dynamic and multidisciplinary team of professionals, including scientists, economists, contract specialist and data analysts in the delivery of quality project outcomes for our clients.
The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on key and innovative projects. You will be working closely with our State Manger and staff on projects for the private and the government sectors.
As an MRA team member you will be expected to:
- Use your project work as an opportunity to develop a sound understanding of the waste industry (through background reading, reading current publications, attending relevant seminars etc. where advised)
- Attend fortnightly team meetings
- Ensure you have the information you require to undertake any work given to you and to inform the project manager or business director where you are unsure
- Show a positive attitude to taking on work, subject to your availability (and university commitments if relevant)
- Self-starter and enthusiastic to learn
Key capacities and skills:
- Bachelor (Honours) or Master degree in Environmental Science or Engineering or relevant degree in environmental science/management, engineering or planning
- Experience in aspects of waste management
- Interest in sustainability and waste management
- Data analysis and modelling skills
- Strong excel skills
- Profound and professional communication skills
- Very strong report writing skills
- Ability to work in an innovative manner
- Ability to work in a team
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and wants to make a real difference improving our resource efficiency and waste management systems.
Salary negotiable from $55k plus opportunity to receive MRA bonuses.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Doris McDonald-Seaton on [email protected] or call our office on 02 8541 6169.