Position Vacant – Graduate / Junior Environmental Consultant in Sydney (Planning Team)
Candidates should have a background in environmental reporting or planning and a strong and genuine interest in the waste and recycling industry.
Graduate roles usually last a period of 12 months, with progression to consultant following a performance review.
What you can expect
You will be based in our Sydney office joining a dynamic and multidisciplinary team of professionals, including engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators in the delivery of quality project outcomes for our clients. You can expect to be working closely with our planning team on projects for the private and the government sectors.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the planning tram in:
- Drafting and finalising reports and management plans
- Environmental impact assessment
- Submission of planning and licensing applications
- Compiling tenders and proposals for future work
- Research (e.g. into legislation, waste management, site characteristics or management of potential impacts)
- Participating in other project activities including but not limited to:
- Working in the field under the supervision of a project manager or audit supervisor
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Developing and sharing expertise in the areas of environmental reporting and waste management
- Working with the broader MRA team to:
- Assist with time-sensitive projects or proposals
- Assist with research and business development for waste and recycling
You are a self-starter with enthusiasm and drive, interested in further developing your skills in the area of Waste Management Planning and further developing the company. You know how to get the best out of the people around you to drive the best outcome for the client and thrive working in multidisciplinary teams. Specifically, you have:
- Degree in Environmental Science, Urban Planning or relevant degree in Science or Environment
- Experience in Environmental Impact Assessment and/or Development Application submissions
- Interest in sustainability and waste management
- Profound and professional communication skills
- Very strong report writing skills
- Ability to work in an innovative manner
- Ability to work in a team
- Experience in aspects of waste management (preferred)
- Understanding of Planning Policy and Regulation (preferred)
Method of working
You will gain experience across all the units within MRA. You will be required to undertake this work through:
- Liaison with MRA staff either over the phone, face to face or via email
- Summarising qualitative and quantitative research in text documents
- Writing, editing and formatting documents in Microsoft Word
- Use of Microsoft Excel and other software to assist with project management and basic calculations
- Active participation in project activities
What MRA can offer you
- Competitive salary with room for progression
- Excellent experience to assist with career progression
- Opportunity to learn from industry experts
- A committed, professional team environment
- A career in sustainability
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and wants to make a real difference improving our resource efficiency and waste management systems.
Salary start from $60k.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Doris McDonald-Seaton on [email protected] or call our office on 02 8541 6169.