Position Vacant – Principal Consultant in Melbourne
Are you a self-starter who wants to make a real difference improving Australia’s resource efficiency and waste infrastructure?
MRA is seeking an experienced environmental consultant with passion, expertise, drive and ambition to make a difference to the way waste is managed in Australia.
What you can expect
We have an opportunity for a highly experience Principal Consultant to join our waste strategy and commercial team in Melbourne.
You will work closely with an established team, building on the existing experience of your colleagues and bringing fresh knowledge and a new network of clients. You will utilise your strong commercial and business development skills to further grow and enhance the team. You will have a proven track record, strong market credentials and great customer and commercial skills. You will also have experience of working well in a team and be passionate about developing and mentoring junior team members.
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for leading, directing and managing project teams and will actively contribute to strategy and business development as well as office and team management. You will often be acting as a technical lead on complex consultancy projects and proposals and will need to have the necessary skills, experience and aptitude to lead from the front and collaborate with a range of experts across the company and in partner organisations.
Specifically, the role entails:
- Project work, including report writing, project management and research (e.g. into legislation, technology types; market analysis and business case assessments)
- Data collection, analysis and reporting
- Leading or assisting bid managers to compile bids and proposals for future work
- Site work, travel and on occasion, irregular hours
- Assist in team management and mentoring junior staff
- Active role in business development and client management
- Working with stakeholders and communities to gain greater understanding and deliver the best outcomes for them
You are a self-starter with enthusiasm and drive, interested in further developing your skills in the area of Waste Management and further developing the company. You know how to get the best out of the people around you to drive the best outcome for the client and thrive working in multidisciplinary teams. Specifically, you have:
- Bachelors or Master in Environmental/Chemical/Civil Engineering or other relevant engineering degree
- Specialist skills and experience in sustainability and/or waste management
- Over 8 years’ experience in consultancy or relevant area of strength
- Demonstrated experience in project management and delivery of complex projects
- Ability to work in an innovative manner
- Strong commercial and business development skills, coupled with a track record of identifying and securing new consultancy work, as well as supporting and leading complex proposals and consultancy projects
- Strong communication skills, and experience of collaborating with diverse stakeholders / audiences and facilitating agreement between conflicting parties
- Possesses a good network of contacts across VIC at management and/or operational level and ideally be recognised as an industry leader within your chosen technical area
- An established client base of national clients, with a specific focus on VIC
- An ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Be an effective and proactive business leader, capable of supporting and developing peers
- Flexible approach, including willingness and ability to work on a wide range of topics
- Data analysis and modelling experience
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Demonstrated capability for delivering quality projects on time and on budget
- Attend the MRA Melbourne office
- Continue to develop area of expertise
- Expand knowledge of areas outside your expertise
- Permanent residency or a visa status that permits work in Australia for a minimum of three years
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference improving our resource efficiency and waste management systems.
Salary negotiable from $120k plus generous MRA bonuses.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Doris McDonald-Seaton on [email protected] or call our office on 02 8541 6169.