Position Vacant – Senior Consultant in Melbourne
Are you a self-starter who wants to make a real difference improving Australia’s resource efficiency and waste infrastructure?
MRA is seeking an experienced environmental consultant with passion, expertise, drive and ambition to make a difference to the way waste is managed in Australia.
What you can expect:
Based in our Melbourne office you will join a dynamic and multidisciplinary team of professionals, including engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators in the delivery of quality project outcomes for our clients.
You will be working closely with our Directors and staff on projects for the private and the government sectors. You can expect autonomy in the project management and delivery of projects including stakeholder management, data collection and analysis, reporting and client liaising.
We work in a fast-paced challenging environment and often there are many balls to juggle. You need to be resilient, have exceptional time management skills, flexible and able to prioritise and multitask.
Specifically, the role entails:
- Project work, including report writing, project management and research (e.g. into legislation, technology types)
- Data collection, analysis and reporting
- Leading or assisting bid managers to compile bids and proposals for future work
- The role will involve site work, occasional travel and on occasion, irregular hours
- Client liaising
- Business development
- Working with stakeholders and communities to gain greater understanding and deliver the best outcomes for them
You are a self-starter with enthusiasm and drive, interested in further developing your skills in the area of Waste Management and further developing the company. You know how to get the best out of the people around you to drive the best outcome for the client and thrive working in multidisciplinary teams. Specifically, you have:
- Bachelors or Master in Environmental/Chemical/Civil Engineering or other relevant engineering degree
- Specialist skills and experience in sustainability and/or waste management
- Over 4 years’ experience in consultancy or relevant area of strength
- Demonstrated experience in project management and delivery of complex projects
- Experience in successful bid and tender submissions
- Data analysis and modelling experience
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Permanent residency or a visa status that permits work in Australia for a minimum of three years.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference improving our resource efficiency and waste management systems.
Salary negotiable from $80k depending on experience plus generous bonuses.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Doris McDonald-Seaton on [email protected] or call our office on 02 8541 6169.