The Commonwealth and NSW Governments are jointly providing a clean-up program for flood-affected private landowners and tenants. This program is being delivered by the NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) with MRA Consulting Group managing applications lodged through Service NSW.
The Program is available to remove large and/or hazardous items from private landholders within the declared local government disaster areas from the March 2021 Storms and Floods and February 2022 severe weather and floods.
All applications are to be lodged online via Service NSW.
If you have questions or are unsure if you are eligible please email our dedicated email address [email protected] or phone our dedicated hotline on 0492 941 487.
You can request support if:
- you are a property owner or tenant in an LGA impacted by the:
- you have man-made debris (produced by humans) on your land as a direct result of the storm and flood event
- the debris is large or hazardous
- your property is easily accessible by land (rather than by water)
- Asbestos: asbestos containing materials (10m2 or more of bonded asbestos)
- Cement: cladding, sheeting, cement mix, concrete, bitumen
- Chemicals (more than 20L or 20kg): household chemicals, hospital chemicals, industrial chemicals, pesticides, other chemicals
- Engineered timber: treated timber, posts, engineered logs
- Fencing: fence posts, fence wire, metal fencing, other wiring
- Fuel (more than 20L or 20kg): gas bottles, jerry cans, citronella, petroleum, diesel, other fuels
- Furniture: couches, tables
- Mattresses: springs, bed frames
- Metal: metal posts and wiring, metal sheeting, machinery, shipping containers, vehicles (if uninsured)
- Oil (more than 20L or 20kg): lubricants
- Paint (more than 20L)
- Plastic: rigid plastic, plastic tubs
- Silage bales (whole and intact or ruptured)
- Leaves, driftwood, trees, aquatic weeds, branches, straw bales, soil, sand, creek pebbles and stones, roots, grass
- Insured vehicles
- Silage with small volumes of plastic attached or minimal plastic (less than 50% of whole bale covered)
- Wildlife carcasses; kangaroos, birds, possums, foxes, feral pigs, rodents, other wildlife.