Bin Trim Round 4 – Recyclers wanted
We are excited to announce that Bin Trim will be returning for its fourth and final round in 2020-21!
MRA is the leading Bin Trim provider, engaging more than 8,000 businesses stretching from the Northern Rivers to the Central Coast, Sydney Metropolitan area and south-west to Albury.
In 2020, MRA wants to work with waste collectors, processors and recyclers in New South Wales to bolster the recycling capacity of our state.
Waste operators, including collection services, are eligible to submit a rebate application through the Bin Trim Rebates Program and claim up to $50,000 of matched funding to support initiatives that:
- Avoid the generation of waste,
- Divert waste from landfill, and/or
- Increase the recycling rate of businesses and processing facilities.
MRA has submitted over 60 rebate applications, secured over $1 million in funding and stimulated nearly $2 million of local investment in the waste and recycling industry.
Through the rebates program MRA has successfully secured funding to assist businesses with the purchase of:
- Vertical balers for paper, cardboard, soft/rigid plastics, bulka bags, and metals
- Horizontal balers & Compactors for cardboard, plastic, steel, aluminium and expanded polystyrene
- Glass crushers for pubs, clubs, taverns and event groups
- Grinders and shredders for plastics, metals and timber
- Source separation bins (240L – 1100L wheelie bins and 1.5m3 – 8m3 skip bins and 10m3 – 30m3 bulk bins) to encourage single stream waste collection
- Organics processing equipment such as compost bins, worm farms, in-vessel composters, dehydrators and green waste chippers
- Other equipment such as hand dryers, drinking fountains, reverse vending machines, or a drum press.
If you have another solution to increase recycling and divert waste from landfill we’d love to hear it!
This is a Waste Less Recycle More initiative funded through the waste levy. To find out more about the Bin Trim program visit epa.nsw.gov.au/bintrim