MRA gets down to business: Bin Trim meets the Northern Beaches Swap for Good Expo
By Claire Mahendradatta, MRA Consulting Group
On July 1st, MRA participated as a stallholder at the Northern Beaches Swap for Good Expo promoting the New South Wales Environmental Protection Authority’s Bin Trim Program.
Claire Mahendradatta and Anu Nair donned the bright Bin Trim hi-vis vests and discussed business waste and the benefits of joining the free Bin Trim Program.
Whether you attended the Swap for Good Expo or not, please join the Northern Beaches Swap for Good Business Network LinkedIn Group to share stories and articles about reducing waste.
EPA Bin Trim Program
Bin Trim is designed to provide businesses with long-term waste management solutions. The program funds Bin Trim assessors to provide NSW businesses with a free waste assessment and tailored action plan through a simple 5-step program:
- An assessor will visit your business site and register the business for the Bin Trim program.
- The assessor will review your business waste and determine how much more your business can recycle.
- A tailored waste reduction action plan will be provided to you along with an assessment for equipment rebate eligibility.
- The assessor will provide practical support and advice to help you put your plan into action. This could include employee education or new recycling services.
- The assessor will conduct a second waste assessment to measure progress.
Free assessments and rebates:
Businesses with fewer than 400 employees are eligible to participate in Bin Trim. In addition, a maximum of five sites from one company can be assessed. Businesses may also be eligible for a rebate of between $1,000 and $50,000 to cover up to 50% of the cost of recycling equipment.
To arrange a free Bin Trim assessment, please contact Claire Mahendradatta on 0403 886 284 or [email protected].
Bin Trim is part of the NSW Government’s Waste Less, Recycle More initiative, run by the EPA. An $802 million funding program for business recycling, organics collections, market development, managing problem wastes, new waste infrastructure, local councils and programs to tackle illegal dumping and litter. is the Bin Trim program is funded through the waste levy and is the largest business recycling program if its type in Australia.