NSW EPA Civil Construction Market Program
Not many grants or funding opportunities are open in Australia at the moment, especially in the waste and recycling sector.
The NSW EPA Civil Construction Market Program outlined below is one of the few available grants and it is aimed at the construction industry, one of the few essential services that have been left to operate amidst the Covid-19 crisis.
The program is open to organisations holding an ABN (local government, consultants, contractors, waste service providers) and whilst applications are ongoing until the funds are exhausted or June 2021, they are reviewed on a quarterly basis.
|Project requirements||Eligible materials||Funding per applicant|
– Divert C&D waste from landfill and/or use post-consumer recyclate sourced from MRFs
– Process material into product(s)
– Return product(s) to civil project(s)
– Divert 2,000 tonnes from landfill in SMA (or 400 tonnes in Regional areas)
– Run for between 6 months and 3 years (and be completed by June 2021)
|Examples of eligible C&D source materials which would otherwise be sent to landfill include:|
– crushed materials
– recovered aggregates
– clay, soil, sand and rock
– wood products, mulch, tree guards, stakes and ballasts
– Virgin Excavated Natural Material (VENM)
– Excavated Natural Material (ENM)
Examples of eligible materials sourced from materials recycling facilities include:
– glass (min. 100t)
– plastics (min. 80t)
– cardboard (min. 80
– papers (consult with EPA)
|Up to $250,000|
– Max. 50% on salaries
– Max. 50% on transport costs
– Equipment costs (up to 30% of total project cost)
What will not be funded?
– Ongoing admin and operational costs (post-completion)
– Programs funding devolved grants
– One-off information events
The Next Intake Date is 15/04/20 so if you are interested get in touch with MRA asap to fast track you application. Alternatively talk to us about meeting the July intake deadline.
MRA has submitted more than 200 grant applications to date, winning more than $60m in funding for our clients.
We can provide a one-stop shop to maximise your chances of success and can assist by:
- Preparing grant proposals on your behalf;
- Reviewing grant proposals;
- Source equipment providers;
- Provide costings on infrastructure;
- Prepare the business case; and
- All of the necessary financial feasibility analysis requirements.