NSW grants now open: Organics Processing Infrastructure
The NSW EPA’s Round 9 “Organics Infrastructure: Stream 1 – Processing Infrastructure” is now open for applications. This stream of the Organics Infrastructure (Large and Small) grants program funds the establishment or upgrading of organics processing facilities.
- Applications close 5pm Thursday, 21 October 2021
Stream 1 (Round 9)
|Eligible applicants||Project Requirements||Funding per Applicant|
-Operators of the 5 existing NSW alternative waste treatment facilities
– NSW local councils
– Groups of NSW councils
|Only stream 1 – Organics Processing Infrastructure is available this round:|
– Reduce food and garden organics waste going to landfill – $3.5 mil
– Organisations impacted by the Mixed Waste Organics Outputs decision – $3.75 mil
– New and enhanced infrastructure to process food, garden or combined food and garden organics from households and/or businesses
– Improve processing capacity for source separated food and garden organics collected from households and commercial and industrial
|– $25,000 and up to $2 million|
– Up to 50% of detailed design costs and capital costs for equipment
What will be funded?
– Build or expand processing infrastructure for source separated organics, including source separated food, garden or combined food and garden organics from households and businesses
– Upgrade existing alternative waste treatment (AWT) facilities to process source separated food, garden or combined food and garden organics from households and businesses
What will not be funded?
– Already purchased or committed infrastructure/equipment funding is sought for under this program
MRA has submitted more than 290 grant applications to date, winning more than $80m in funding for our clients.
We can provide a one-stop shop to maximise your chances of success and can assist by:
- Preparing grant proposals on your behalf;
- Reviewing grant proposals;
- Source equipment providers;
- Provide costings on infrastructure;
- Prepare the business case; and
- All of the necessary financial feasibility analysis requirements.