NSW WLRM Landfill Consolidation Grants
By MRA Consulting Group
The new grants offer funding to support the consolidation and closure of, and environmental improvements at landfills outside the metropolitan levy areas. The new grant funding is summarised below:
|Eligible applicants||Project requirements||Funding per applicant||Closing date|
|Local councils in the regional regulated area and non-regulated area, Regional waste groups, Regional organisations of councils.
Note: councils in the metropolitan levy areas (MLA) are not eligible for this grant.
|Stream 1: Landfill consolidation and closure.
Stream 2: Environmental improvements of landfills.
What will be funded?
Stream 1: Final capping material, equipment hire for closure works, fencing for site, establishment of a transfer station within the (to be closed or recently closed) landfill site, demountable buildings.
Stream 2: equipment hire for improvement works, fencing, litter control, signage, security, separation infrastructure.
What will not be funded?
Land acquisition, commenced/completed works, operational training, equipment purchase and maintenance costs, operational expenses, stormwater/leachate systems.
|Up to $200,000 per stream.
Up to 70% of eligible costs. The remaining 30% must be covered by the applicant’s in-kind or financial contributions.
Applicants may apply to both stream 1 and stream 2 (separate applications required).
Previous recipients of Landfill Consolidation grant funding may apply for further funding.
|November 23, 2017 at 5pm
MRA has submitted more than 150 successful WLRM grant applications to date, winning more than $40M in funding for our clients.
MRA can provide a one-stop shop to maximise your chances of success. If your Council is interested in any of the above grant programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 8541 6169.
As always, I welcome your input on this, or any other topic on ‘The Tipping Point’.