WA Waste Authority’s Better practice FOGO kerbside collection Program
Kerbside FOGO is the most sensible way to halve waste to landfill, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and close the loop by returning nutrient rich compost to our soils.
To that end, the Government of Western Australia has announced the “Better Bins Plus: Go FOGO” program that provides $20 million in funding over the next 6 years to support local governments to make the transition to a three-bin FOGO kerbside service.
Funding of up to $25/household is available to local governments to offset the costs of introducing a third bin or add food to their organics collection, provide kitchen caddies and compostable liners and implement community education and engagement programs.
|Project requirements||Eligible materials||Funding per applicant|
– Be carried out by WA Local Governments
– Achieve standard minimum service requirements for Better Bins Plus or demonstrate to the Waste Authority how the proposed service/s will deliver outcomes consistent with better practice without undermining the Waste Strategy objectives
|– Food organics|
– Garden organics
|Funding will be based on the number of households receiving a three-bin FOGO service.|
What will be funded?
– Infrastructure to achieve minimum service requirements
– Complementary measures to improve the performance of the system incl. education and evaluation activities.
– FOGO market development.
Applications for funding allocated in 2020/21 will close close on Friday 10 July 2020. If you are interested in applying, please contact Emma Yuen on Emma@mraconsulting.com.au or on 0416 474 642 to discuss how MRA can assist you with your application.
MRA has submitted more than 200 grant applications to date, winning more than $60m in funding for our clients.
We can provide a one-stop shop to maximise your chances of success and can assist by:
- Preparing grant proposals on your behalf;
- Reviewing grant proposals;
- Source equipment providers;
- Provide costings on infrastructure;
- Prepare the business case; and
- All of the necessary financial feasibility analysis requirements.