Circulate, NSW Industrial Ecology Program
Round 3 of the NSW DPIE Circulate Program aims to fund innovative, commercially oriented industrial ecology projects that focus on NSW’s commercial and industrial and construction and demolition sectors. The program supports projects that will recover currently landfilled material including those affected by China’s National Sword Policy (stockpiled plastic, mixed paper and cardboard).
The Circulate Program is open to businesses, not for profits, industry associations, NGOs, councils and product stewardship groups.
|Project requirements||Eligible materials||Funding per applicant|
– Involve the business-to-business transfer of materials previously sent to landfill (or plastic and mixed paper/cardboard stockpiled due to China National Sword)
– Result in diversion of materials from landfill (or stockpiles) that would not have occurred without Circulate funding
– Relate to material from the C&I or C&D sector, or materials affected by China National Sword
– Divert a minimum number of tonnes (see table below)
– Be completed by June 2021
– Plastics, hard/rigid
– Plastics, soft/flexible/polystyrene
– Mixed paper
|– Between $20,000 and $150,000, depending on scale, duration and likely impact|
What will be funded?
– Staff time, consultant time
– Sampling, testing and monitoring
– Transportation (first 20% of tonnes)
– Equipment hire (short-term)
– Equipment purchase (50% co-contribution required). Reprocessing or recycling equipment may be funded through Bin Trim rebates, outside of Circulate funding
What will not be funded?
– Ongoing operational costs
– Land acquisition
– Completed/commenced works
– Admin costs associated with licensing/DAs
– EfW projects
Applications close 1 May 2020. If you are interested in applying, please contact Emma Yuen on Emma@mraconsulting.com.au or on 0416 474 642 to discuss how MRA can assist you with your application.
MRA has submitted more than 200 grant applications to date, winning more than $60m in funding for our clients.
We can provide a one-stop shop to maximise your chances of success and can assist by:
- Preparing grant proposals on your behalf;
- Reviewing grant proposals;
- Source equipment providers;
- Provide costings on infrastructure;
- Prepare the business case; and
- All of the necessary financial feasibility analysis requirements.