NSW grants now open: Solar panel recycling
The NSW EPA’s Circular solar phase 2 is now open for applications.
The Circular solar grant program supports collaborative ‘whole-of-supply chain’ projects that trial managing end-of-life solar panels and/or battery systems within a circular economy framework.
- Applications close 5pm Thursday 4th November 2021
|Eligible applicants||Project Requirements||Funding per Applicant|
* Australian entity or partnership incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
* NSW local councils
* State government
* Australian research institutions
|$7million is available in Phase 2 under one of three categories and covering up to 75% of the capital costs:|
1) New infrastructure and expansions up to $3.5m
2) Research and development for reuse, second hand or refurbished items, and market development for recovered materials between $100,000 – $1m
3) Collection and recovery logistics between $500,000 – $1 mill
Two stage process:
b) Shortlisted projects to submit application
|What will be funded?|
– New infrastructure builds or expansions to existing facilities accepting solar panels and associated batteries.
– High-value recovery processing technologies that can recover close to 90% or more of materials from solar panels.
– Equipment upgrades and modifications at an existing facility to process solar panels and/or associated batteries.
– Upscaling pilot technologies to expand into commercial scale services.
– Mobile processing plants with high recovery rates.
– Solutions to expand useful life of panels.
– And more categories.
What will not be funded?
– Projects not located in NSW.
– Activities that do not align with the objectives of the grant program.
– Transporting components offshore for processing.
– Landfilling more than 20% of residuals.
– Projects targeting smaller batteries.
– EfW/pyrolisis projects.
– And more- refer to program guidelines for details.
MRA has submitted more than 290 grant applications to date, winning more than $80m in funding for our clients.
We can provide a one-stop shop to maximise your chances of success and can assist by:
- Preparing grant proposals on your behalf;
- Reviewing grant proposals;
- Source equipment providers;
- Provide costings on infrastructure;
- Prepare the business case; and
- All of the necessary financial feasibility analysis requirements.